Tuesday, October 03, 2006

the multi-menace. . .

One of my profs recently enlightened us about the menace of multi-tasking. The root cause of end-of-day office mahem, she asserts, is multi-tasking. Apparently the key to efficiency and getting things done is not, as we've been led to believe, multi-tasking, but instead setting a list, focusing on a single item at a time, and ignoring all other tasks (no matter how pressing) until each item is completely finished and set aside.

So. . . now that my ever-growing to-do list is beginning to invade even my dreams at night, I've decided to give this single-focus strategy a try. At the top of my list is tomorrow's social justice assignment, followed my my kitchen clean-up chores, followed by the minutes of last Sunday's meeting, followed by editing my friend's scholarship essay, followed by putting away all the clothes in my room, followed by showering, followed by going to bed.

So far I've accomplished. . . let's see. . .

Um. . . hmm. . .

Okay, so. . . at the top of my list is revamping my blog. . .

4 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger artsmonkey said...

this is easier said than done. i had a big list for today.
so far.... commenting on blogs - check!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger dancing girl said...

I actually did manage the kitchen clean-up and the shower, if that's worth anything. . .

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

yeah! it's hard for me too, and I don't set my sights too high. I don't put in more than one horrible thing (such as call rogers/royal bank/anyone I owe money) but my list remains unchecked.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger skinny-rabbit said...

I'm prioritizing paying off my debt above everything else in my life. Above my career, above shopping, above saving, above moving out of my parents house... But even with then, I have to prioritize which bills need to go first. I'm doing it though and it's a fantastic feeling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home