Thursday, November 15, 2007

moral dilemma

Artsmonkey says I'm not really blogging anymore, so here goes.

I just got a job-- yay!-- teaching a language I haven't studied in 7 1/2 years. It's only part-time, I get every other day off to sub or prep. I also have a part-time evening job, that doesn't really pay that great. Basically, 1 day of subbing pays a week and a half of my night job. I committed to the evening job until Christmas, kind of . . . they more just said they wanted a commitment to Christmas, even though there's no contract. . . and I did say that if I got a contract I might have to cut back. I desperately need all the prep time I can get. I also need $. I also want to keep my promises. I also know that someone else just put in their 2 weeks notice this week to the evening job, so they'll be stressed if I leave and have to hire 2 people in the next 2 weeks. I also know that this next month is high season for subs, and I could actually pay for Christmas presents, rent, my overdue bills, and Visa payments if I got sub work every day.

What do I do?

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger artsmonkey said...

what's more important right now. money or sanity.
if you have less money will you have sanity?

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger dancing girl said...

the unfortunate part is that the more money option also comes with more sanity. subbing but not tutoring should give me more of both. but i said i'd stay til christmas. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home