Friday, March 02, 2007

spinning

. . . round and round like a dryer in a laundromat-- that's my brain these days. I dream about lesson planning, crazy teens, cleaning my room (which, incidentally, is beginning to look like the site of a smallish explosion. . . and i need to locate and purge the source of a somewhat odd smell). I wake up from dreams about being late for school, or not having tests ready, or kids asking me why I haven't done stuff I promised to do. The weekend is not long enough to recuperate (especially since my advisor likes to use the weekends to review next week's lessons over the phone. . . and then suggest a myriad of-- truly--helpful, but time-consuming changes to be implemented for the morning, usually an hour before I plan to go to bed. I have a sneaking suspicion that I also have a number of unpaid bills well overdue, and no time for a part-time job in sight. 8 more weeks. 8 more weeks. . .

(3 poetry units going on this term-- do you like my similes?)

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger artsmonkey said...

well, you definitely shouldn't be using your time to blog - or talk on the phone for an hour while drinking red wine in the afternoon... you definitely shouldn't be doing any of these things. but these are the times when avoiding is so attractive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home