Friday, November 16, 2007

fools rush in

Previously on Conversations with my Mexican boyfriend:

me: "No, really, on this trip, I don't want to do the whole tourist thing. No Japanese bus tours, we don't have to see everything in the city. It's Christmastime, it'll be a big rush. I just want to see where you grew up, hang out where you hung out, drink at the bars you drank at . . . you know, just *be* in Mexico City. And I'm really excited to meet your family."

---------------------
Tonight's episode:

him: "So, I think we're going on a bus tour with everyone."
me: "We're what?"
him: "Yeah, well you know, my aunt thought we should go on this bus tour, so I told her that what you really wanted to do was spend time my family, and that you weren't interested on going on a bus tour unless everyone went. That the whole family would have to come. So we're all [aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, this is Mexico, you get the idea] going."

--------------
Okay . . . let's try this again.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger artsmonkey said...

what!!??? so uncool! what is wrong with him? does he not get that bus tours are the most ball sucking experience in the whole world??? gahhh!
i would die.
sweet thought though... a little miscommunication perhaps??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home